Give us a call now! (541)444-0075
Home Electrical Safety Tips
Electricity is an indispensable necessity in our lives, which a considerable number of us today couldn’t envision living without.
Controlling our machines and giving our lighting, warming and cooling, power is so settled in our every day experience that easy to overlook that if used wrongly , it can possibly harm. Here is a scope of electrical security tips for the home and looks at ways you can make your home or office a more secure place around electrical power. Here are some of the electrical hazards in your home.
Virtually all homes are filled with electrical appliances that make day to day life easy, but there are certain tips that help minimize the risk of electrical accidents around the home.
Here are some of these tips:
The most important home electrical tip is to always call an affirmed electrician to do any wiring in your home and buy quality electrical appliances .
Tips for Appliances
- Review appliances frequently for flawed or harmed plugs, switches and strings and dispose them or have them repaired immediately. If you do discard them, ensure they can’t be used by any other person.
- Turn off and unplug machines before cleaning them.
- Never jab anything into an appliance for example, a toaster.
- Never touch an appliance with wet hands.
- Turn off machines like air conditioners, washing machines and broilers if leaving your home.
- Ensure appliances like TVs and PC screens that emit heat have a few inches of freedom all around for good ventilation
- If an electrical appliance is drenched in water, dispose of it at once.
- Hold the plug, not the chord and pull, while detaching an electrical gadget.
Tips for Cables and extension
- Try not to put a line under a cover, through an entryway, or anyplace that it could be stepped on.
- Don’t utilize extensions as a substitute for repairing building wiring
- Try not to run electrical ropes through dividers, over bars, around corners or through entryways.
- Discard harmed electrical cables don’t attempt to repair them.
- Utilize only surge ensured electrical extensions. Examine the electrical extensions routinely for harm or indications of over-burdening.
- Use temporary wiring just when required for upkeep, repair or decimation activities.
- Always ensure that the control switch is off before changing any light bulb.
- Regularly ensure all electrical appliances are disconnected from the extension when they are not in use.
In the event that you notice gas leak, don’t touch any electrical switches as it could cause a spark which would lead to a fire outbreak.
Give us a call now! (541)444-0075
Don’t Try Amateur Electrical Work!
Contrary to the popular belief among most homeowners, trying amateur electrical work can skyrocket your costs. As an amateur, you are not sure of what you are doing and you are more likely to make costly mistakes that can damage your electrical devices. A professional electrical contractor can get the job done right the first time hence saving you time and money. Besides, they will properly complete electrical projects to avoid damage on your electrical devices.
As an amateur, you’ll take a lot of time doing simple tasks by trial and error. A professional electrical contractor has what it takes to complete the job in a timely manner. You can get value for your money when things are done the right way.
Without the right training and experience , you cannot be able to establish the cause of a problem and how to solve it. It’s only a qualified electrician who can troubleshoot to diagnose the issue and identify the appropriate solution. This saves you time, money, and frustration.
A licensed electrical contractor carries liability insurance which you do not have as an amateur. In case of unfortunate incidents, you can get compensated.
Unlike a professional electrical contractor, you are not educated and experienced in the field of electricity. Your work will definitely not meet the local electrical codes hence creating safety risks. A qualified electrician will be very particular with the best electrical practices and use up-to-code electrical equipment for purposes of safe and efficient installations and maintenance.
The work of a professional electrician is usually guaranteed. If you continue experiencing problems later on, the expert will come back and fix the problem at no additional cost.
Electrical work is the most dangerous task you can attempt if you don’t know the right thing to do. So, don’t try amateur electrical work at all costs. Instead, hire a qualified and experienced electrician to help you out.